Another casualty of the iPad's release is Flash.
Adobe's Flash Evangelist Lee Brimelow posted a bunch of sites (tackily including porn site Bang Bros) as examples of how the iPad won't work without Flash.
Except, in typical incompetent Adobe fashion, he's wrong about most of the sites!
- FLASH. Farmville: Requires Flash, but publisher Zynga has iPhone games including Mafia Wars, so Farmville may not be far off.
- ???. Hulu: Requires Flash today, but not for long: "Mobile is a monster – we are very bullish. We will embrace any device."
- IPHONE. CNN: Has a mobile site, and video does play. There is also a $1.99 CNN iPhone app with video.
- IPHONE. Bang Bros Network (porn site, NSFW): Has a mobile site, and the videos work on the iPhone.
- FLASH. FWA and AddictingGames: Flash-specific game sites. There are tens of thousands of games on the iPhone app store, and the worst of them are as good as most Flash games.
- IPHONE. Google Finance: "Ubercool"[sic] interactive charts don't work on iPhone, but the rest of the site does. And irony is pointing at anything on Google; they've gone out of their way to make HTML5 the standard.
- FLASH. Aviary: Requires Flash. But there are hundreds of photo-manipulation and drawing apps on the iPhone.
- IPHONE. Disney: Has an iPhone-optimized page, and just watched a bit of "Mickey & the Beanstalk" off their site. Also has an iPhone app with a bunch of kids games & activities in it. (Actually, a bunch of apps for specific shows, too).
- IPHONE. Spongebob: Seems to load fine in iPhone, plays videos and some web-based games; I'm sure there's more Flash games, but it should keep the average 5-year-old or Adobe employee entertained.
So of the 10 sites he listed, 5 are already optimized for iPhone (and iPad in 2 months), and one or two more should be by then. It would be funny, if Adobe weren't so angry and bad at everything they do (just kidding, it's hilarious!)
[Update: Lee has now removed Bang Bros: "My apologies if it offended anyone". But more importantly, his apologies for being so incompetent that he didn't check it on iPhone first!]