In May, 1997, I was looking through my Hobby Builders Supply catalog, and decided to order a dollhouse kit that was being discontinued. I figured that it would give me a chance to experiment on a 'cheap' house, before I build the 'real' thing.
The dollhouse kit I purchased is the "Tennyson" by Greenleaf. The one I acquired is the 'old' Tennyson. The kit has recently been reworked to include some better architectural elements. The kit is considered a 'budget' dollhouse kit, meaning that it is constructed of 1/8 inch plywood. Higher priced, better quality kits are usually constructed of 3/8 inch plywood, which is not only more durable, but the wall thicknesses are in scale with a real house. However, since I purchased this house as an experiment, I was not as concerned about maintaining 'realism'.
During the summer of 1998, I built a dollhouse for my niece for her 9th birthday.
After sucessfully assembling 2 die-cut houses, I have decided that I like building them. I presently have 3 more die-cut houses waiting for me to start them. :-)
I also am working on a roombox, and am starting to collect things for a couple more.
During the process of learning about dollhouses and miniatures, I discovered that I am starting to like dollhouse dolls. A number of dolls have found their way into my home.
I also discovered bunka.
Back to main dollhouse page.